something is ratteling on my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something is ratteling on my car

it does it when i first start it, when i shut it off, and when i rev it up.

it sounds like a thin piece of metal, maby alumnium or something.

Im thinking it is some kind of exhaust shroud or something

i cant really tell where it is comming from, sometimes it sounds like it is in the back end, and sometimes it sounds like it is in the middle (where the cat would be)

what could it be?

Anything. Our cars are getting older... Expect this. This is common and you would have to search through TONS of parts and connections to find it. The best words of advice I (or anyone else) would be to try your best to find out where it's coming from and give us an idea. That is a pretty good start.
    Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

I had the same sound but my vehicle is a '96.

From what I had found, it may very well be the clamp that goes to the tail end of your cat. This is causing your dancing piece of metal to sing like that along the exhaust pipe under revs.

Feedback when you get a chance.
      Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

There was a post about this not too long ago. I think about 15 people(literally) said they have the same problem. I do too.
        Every time I mess with the exhaust think I have it figured out and fixed. Then the next day it's back. I'm starting to think it's a broken piece in the muffler, but its been making this noise since just a couple months after I put it on.
        I just turn the radio up to drown it out. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        1999 Firebird

Comment

There are so many things it could possibly be we can't help you unless you get under the car and limit down the area that it's coming from. Then people can probably throw ideas out for what it is.

My exhuast rattle was from the heat shield on the I pipe. Apparently the drive shaft wacked it a "few" times when it got loose.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X