Two days of modding...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two days of modding...

Yesterday I woke up around 11:00 and went over to a friend's house, who had a nice warm garage. We spent a little over four hours chaning my plugs and wires, damn it was utter hell. I had to be at work at 5:00 yesterday, so we didn't get to do anything else.

Today at 10:30, I went back over there, and we took a trip to O'Reily Auto and bought some engine temp clear coat, and a red caliper painting kit. The kit was a rip off, it came with some crappy cleaner and a little can of paint for $17, so I plan on returning it. (It was supposed to include two brushes, tape, and a stir-stick.)
    Anyway, we spent a good 20 minutes cleaning and scrubbing my driver's side caliper with a brass brush, got it to shine a little bit. Applied first coat of the red paint, stuck an old heater in front of it, and cracked open my SLP CAI that arrived today.

While the first coat was drying, we spent a good hour and a half trying to get the CAI put on. The SLP directions suck, and are pretty vague... so we just sort of guessed and checked.

I cracked the lid that covers my radiator, so that'll need to be replaced pretty soon... heh.
    We finally got the SLP CAI installed, and went back to another few coats on the calipers, followed by a clear coat. Moved on to the second wheel, and decided to paint in the "3800 Series II" on my engine," it looks pretty awesome!

The calipers look very nice against the chrome, I plan on getting chrome "CAMARO" letters for them soon. The engine looks nice, I plan on painting the area around the words a black (maybe) but for now the 3800 SERIES II looks pretty nice. I polished up my break lines to a nice chrome look, and degreased most of the engine bay. Found out that I have an oil leak, and my radiator desperately needs to be flushed. (Hurray for brown, cloggy, gunked up radiator fluid.)

Long story short, I've got a throttlebody gasket on order, picking it up in the morning at NAPA, so we're going to clean my TB, and polish it up a bit. I'll probably detail the engine bay a bit more, and I'm installing black hood louvers on my green hood, for added color contrast.

If there's anything you guys can think of that can be done tomorrow, something that looks nice, or will boost performance, or whatever, let me know. Thanks! Pictures will be coming tomorrow.

I'm not sure what you mean by the radiator cover. If its on the side furthest from the engine I probably wouldnt worry ;)

How much did the TB gasket from NAPA cost? I dont really like Napa all that much. Oreillys they are just $1.99
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

if you wanted your calipers to look perfect you should have sanded then down till they were smooth as he!l. everything has to be perfect for me that is why spend hours doing mine. you should have also used a primer to help prevent pealing. well good luck with everything

post up some pics
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

The CAI install really is a pain considering you are basically just dropping a pipe in there. The instructions are pretty much worthless too. Post up some pics in appearance when you get everything done!

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
          if you wanted your calipers to look perfect you should have sanded then down till they were smooth as he!l. everything has to be perfect for me that is why spend hours doing mine. you should have also used a primer to help prevent pealing. well good luck with everything

post up some pics
          You DO realize we have an edit button so you can make your posts perfect right? hahahaha.

OP - definitely post pictures!
          2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X