fuel filter SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel filter SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE

so tonight i was changing the fuel filter and it was rusted so i was stupid and forced the nut that holds the fuel filter and the fuel line together and it just stripped and now it leaks it i rele dont know wat to do if any of u guys would leave a comment to help me out i would appreciate it : (
    help
    0%

Exactly what stripped? Did you just round off the head or are some of the threads messed up? And is it on the fuel filter or the fuel line itself?

It's been a while since I've worked with the fuel filter....isn't the nut part of the filter? Could you just get a new filter?
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

its on the fuel line itself the part that attatches to the filter it just spins the whole nut like everything is all there it just like leaks now im so nervous

Comment

Lol, what kind of poll is that?

Anyway, just go buy a new filter before you lose all your gas.
        1999 Firebird

Comment

i have a new filter i was replacing the old one nd it was rusted and i stripped the main bolt that connect the new filter

Comment

Ohhh, the line is stripped, that makes for a sh*tty day. You're gonna have to replace the line, no real way to fix that. Got a haynes manual? It will walk you through how to replace one.
            1999 Firebird

Comment

is it expensive and time consuming? i got the manual

Comment

Which side is stripped? The side on the fuel tank or going to the engine?

Think it'll be a bit of a pain either way. Shouldn't be terribly hard, though.
                Matt
                Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

damn im so dumb i shoulda just left it alone its the one going to the engine i wouldnt evn know were to pick up a new fuel line do i have to replace the full line going all the way to the engine?

Comment

what year car? Get your manual and look in chapter 4-4... is that what your fittings look like?
                    1999 Firebird

Comment

Looks like the pipes will be $55 from a dealer, or $31 online. Part number should be 10424769. Your best bet may be to just take it to a dealer or shop.
                      Matt

Comment

its a 98--- and no thats not the same fittings its all metal and its were the filter connects to the line the threads it connects too that whole bolt and threads....the filter is still in the old one with everything connected but now it just spinss ..i cant belive a fu.in 15 min job screwed up that whole line

Comment

thank you so much your a big help

Comment

It sounds to me like you were trying to tighten it insted of looseing it. You where trying to turn it the wrong way and stripped it. You dont have to replace the hole line, just cut it as close to the fuel filter you can with a small tubing cutter. Then put a new nut on it, and reflare it, and pristo, your good as new!
                            <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

lol, I did the exact same thing on my car.. Damn fuel filters.. Got towed to a shop and they fixed it for $100

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X