Mods/Cost/Horse power gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods/Cost/Horse power gain

for a v6 3.8 liter engine? is there a listing anywhere? I do not know too much about cars trying to get a general idea.

scroll to the top of the page and read everything like Technical Database - Engine Tech - Modifications Encyclopedia and stuff like that. read everything there and read magazines. talk to a mechanic about the basics and maybe have him help you check & change your oil and change your air filter. by then you will have become familiar with what your engine compartment looks like. then when people say something about a mod or what they did you your car you will hve a better idea. most engine knowledge ends up being common sense and you never forget it. read and have someone show you personally how to do things and hang around with amechanic for a while and see if he will teach you stuff if you help him clean up shop or something. by watching him and maybe him letting you know how to do stuff you will learn quick and soon beable to work on you car in a more advanced way.
    96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

ditto.... hang around somebody who is working on something and pay attention. read the mod. encyclopedia.

where in PA are you from?
      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

philadelphia you're in pittsburgh i presume?

Comment

yeah.... I lived in Philly for 5 years though before I moved out here.
          \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

right now a cam seems to be the most bang for the buck still

about 400-1200 (depending on the cam and install)for about 60 hp at the motor (give or take)

so about $3 to $20 per hp
            www.turbov6camaro.com
            1997 3800 Series II Camaro
            4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
            7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
            11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

don't forget the nitrous!
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ty alot viper any recommendations on brand? links to websites?

Comment

trying to pickup horsepower without nitrous for now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X