Traction Control???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Control???

I recently traded in my 94 Camaro for a 98, and was wondering if the put a form of traction control on the new models, becasue.....One night I was out racing, on an empty road, and under hard acceleration from a dead start the RPM's seemed slugish and the car didnt pick up until it had been going a while. I read somewhere that on Automatics (which I have) they limit the RPMs to provide traction... is this true, and if so how can I fix it. Thanks for the help!

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

For one, make sure your second gear start button is turned off. My car will spin the tires all the way to 30 if I want. Maybe something is wrong with your car?
    Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Well it is an automatic..... and the light is not on for SGS. I can do donunts fine, but burnouts from a dead start are a different story.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

does the exhaust flow well?
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

I havn't noticed any wierd noises from the exahust, but I just ordered a MagnaFlow to replace it. I raced an Eclips GSX ( I already knew it could beat me, just wanted to see how bad [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and it just creamated me off the line, he was at least 3 cars lengths ahead of me, what with the all whell drive and all, but I thought hmmm maybe my car shouldnt be so slugish from the start. So I raced a 04' Pontiac Sunfire, with cold Air intake, and he kept up with me at the begging, once we hit 60 though, i was gone! So maybe those two experiances can be something to compare the performance to.

Comment

Yeah, there is something wrong with your car. An Eclipse shouldnt have beat you by 3 cars. It should have beat you yes, but it should have been close. I'm assuming he was stock. And you should have destroyed the Sunfire long before 60, CAI or not. Try new fuel filter, air filter, and new plugs and wires. Good luck with plugs and wires though. :mad:
            1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Well his GSX has a MagnaFlow exahust, body kit, the GSX's have turbos, and all wheel drive, so.....
              Anyways, Im going to get new pugs and wires, but would it even be worth it to fo it myself or should I just have a mechanic do it? as for a new fuel filter, are those easy to install?

my 0-60 was around 7.5 is that normal (I have an automatic)

Comment

do it your self. plugs are a PITA but its not that bad. fuel filter is about a 10 minute job

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

Dont let him kid you. Plugs on a 98 is a 6 hour job your first time.
                  1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

gsx is pretty mean... turboed, all wheel drive, light

Comment

ya the GSX is fast but, are my 0-60 times normal? I know I said that the Sunfire stayed with me, but it's a pretty mean ride... he beat my friends litley modded celica that night and he was pissed.

Comment

yeah, 7.5 is about normal i would say. anywhere between 7-7.5. yeah, just do a good tune up for starters. you want to have a good mechanically sound base to start on before you start modding away on it. i would say do the plugs yourself, anywhere you take it, the shop will charge you out the rear. do it one time and figure out the easiest way to do it all and it wont be as bad the next time.
                        Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

I don't want to jack your thread, but my buddy is looking into getting a 2007 Eclipse GS. Its the base model, so I'll let you know if I can take him. Probably won't be for another month, but @ 162HP I shouldn't have any problems. I shall post the outcome in the kill section.
                          99 Firebird<br />On order: SLP CAI, Whisper Lid,<br />Flowmaster catback, K&N filter<br />50k

Comment

Originally posted by Greg94Red392:
                            with how many beers?
                            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Greg94Red392:
                              there is no ****ing way. lt1s plugs dont even take that long.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X