This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoods

im looking to buy the 4 inch cowl induction hood for my 99 but im not sure about putting the hood latch on the new fiberglass hood...or if i even have to do that,or do i just put on hood pins?... neone have ne idea

i have a carbon fiber SS ram air hood
    The shop did the latches and ETC..

I'm gonna take all that off and switch to hood pins
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

The aftermarket hood i bought came with spots for the stock mounting hardware. All I had to do was remove the latch assembly from the stock hood and put it on the new one, it bolted right up.
      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

i would recommend hod pins even if you install the latch
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

You can do hood pins solely and then ditch the latch mechanism. That's what I did.

g
          2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

the only negative is a thief being able to disable your alarm. ahhh, what good is the stock alarm anyways?
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X