i dont get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont get it

how come some european cars, like the bmw m3 pushes 333 hp on a 3.2 liter straight six... and out cars are only 200hp on a 3.8L? is their technology just more advanced or what
    \'02 firebird 5spd manual (pewter)<br />mods: whisper lid, spintech muffer with 3\" piping, strut tower brace, \"free ram air\", k&n filter, SLP CAI - next mods: jetchip stage II, lowering springs

There's a lot of R&D in those motors, look at super car motors that are like 3.x liter v12s that make huge numbers.

You pay for that in the cost of the vehicle. A new M3 is what, 60k?

Comment

i hate this topic do you really think that gm is going to make a v6 engine that pushes that much power then try to sell a v8 that only has 275 or 305??? if that did that it just wouldnt make the v8 look as good
      2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chevcamaro18:
        i hate this topic do you really think that gm is going to make a v6 engine that pushes that much power then try to sell a v8 that only has 275 or 305??? if that did that it just wouldnt make the v8 look as good<hr></blockquote>

I don't know, GM is planning on using the same in-line 6 that the Trailblazer uses (275 hp) and supercharge it for the new 2004 Belair

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: GO3WIDE ]</p>
        1997 Camaro. Lingenfelter Super Tube CAI. Flowmaster 80 series w/ dual out.

Comment

Sorry guys. That new 6 is the future of GM. The V8, as you know it, is dying. Don't knock it, though. Huge punch from a really small, lightweight package is a good thing. I still have my doubts as to longevity. We'll see.
          \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Look at the torque numbers on the M3 6cyl. Something like 333hp and ONLY 262 tq. My point is that the hp far exceeds the torque, especially when compared to an LS1, which is 325 hp, 350 tq.
            I favor the more torque-y engines.
            -Rob
            <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

and the only reason it makes that much HP is because it can rev real high. Torque is the true measure of the power output of the engine.

As for our engine...I think they should have made our V6s like the GTP, a supercharged version with about 240-250hp. Look at Ford. The power difference between the V6 and the V8 is what...67hp (193 to 260). Chevy should do the same (240hp V6 to 310hp V8). Right now there is too much of a difference between the two IMO.

Comment

if our car could rev to say...7,000RPMs. the torque would still be 225lb/ft but the hp would be more like 230 - 250hp range.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X