turning my headlights off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turning my headlights off

is there any mod or something i can do so i can turn my headlights off?

i think it is kind of stupid to have an "off" option on the dial, when you cant turn them off.

Do a search, there have been a couple threads recently referring to the Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) Should get the answer your looking for in those threads.
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Are you talking about the automatic lights? They come on when its dark and you put the handbrake down? My car does the same thing, if I want to control the lights, I leave the handbrake on 1 click, and then turn on the lights
      Black, 1998 V6 \'Maro 5spd.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
        Do a search, there have been a couple threads recently referring to the Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) Should get the answer your looking for in those threads.
        im not talking about DRL's

Originally posted by Grimey:
        Are you talking about the automatic lights? They come on when its dark and you put the handbrake down? My car does the same thing, if I want to control the lights, I leave the handbrake on 1 click, and then turn on the lights
        I really dont want to be driving around with my handbrake on.. i mean, it is a good idea, and i have thought about it myself, but i dont feel conftorable driving with the brake on... and yes, i know it isnt even working when it is on 1 click.

Comment

Some guy in a z28 made a writeup on how to wire it. I can get the link if ya want, been meaning to do it too.
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

i am pretty sure that the DRL actually controls the headlights, so if u bypass the DRL's you can use the switch to on/off the headlights without having the ebrake notched up.
            and to do that, bypass the drl's you put a resistor inline of the light sensor on your dash.
            There are alot of write ups, ive seen this topic alot.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98:
              i am pretty sure that the DRL actually controls the headlights, so if u bypass the DRL's you can use the switch to on/off the headlights without having the ebrake notched up.
              and to do that, bypass the drl's you put a resistor inline of the light sensor on your dash.
              There are alot of write ups, ive seen this topic alot.
              cant you just take the fuse out

Comment

If you take the console off, you can get a look at the mechanism. It's very simple, basically when the parking brake goes down it pushes two contacts together. I think if you just pull the wire off of the contacts it would do the trick.

g
                2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Little G:
                  If you take the console off, you can get a look at the mechanism. It's very simple, basically when the parking brake goes down it pushes two contacts together. I think if you just pull the wire off of the contacts it would do the trick.

g
                  im thinking.. maby it is a bad idea to do this, because i will end up leaving my lights on, or not turning them on.

Comment

It is the same mod as turning off the DRLs. Behind your radio is a cigarette pack sized module that the windshield sensor ties into. Heres the fix w/ pics:
                    http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html
                    \'01 Camaro Vert ~ Black on Teal (but Mean Green in the sun)

Comment

Originally posted by rhodeymark:
                      It is the same mod as turning off the DRLs. Behind your radio is a cigarette pack sized module that the windshield sensor ties into. Heres the fix w/ pics:
                      http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html
                      thanks for the link.

my main goal was to acually just be able to turn the handle to "off" and have the lights acually turn off. I guess it would be easier to shine a flashlight on the sensor [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

Lol youd have to leave it on though..

But yeah those drls are a pain in the ***,.. i am pretty sure there is another way to do it than that write up, seems a bit more complicated then what ive done.
                        *Matt

Comment

Is this so you can run from a crime scene with the lights off and nobody will see you ? hahaha
                          *Matt

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98:
                            Is this so you can run from a crime scene with the lights off and nobody will see you ? hahaha
                            no, when i go to pick my mom up from work, or park, my headlights shine in people's houses, and probably annoy the hell out of them, and i dont want to shut my car off, and start it back up again (although this is what i do now)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X