rpm's bouncing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpm's bouncing

ok i have noticed a slight problem with my car. lets say im cruzing along about 55-60. if i let off the gas and push in the clutch, the rpm's drop down to dormal idle speed and then bounce back up to around 1500 and stay their for a sec then fall down again. it does this continuously until i reach around 20 mph or so. what does this sound like? i know its prolly not that big of a deal, it just annoys me to hear it kinda rev a little on its own. any help would be great, thanks in advance, forrest.

I hate that too, mine does it when it starts overheating.
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by lilchubby:
      ok i have noticed a slight problem with my car. lets say im cruzing along about 55-60. if i let off the gas and push in the clutch, the rpm's drop down to dormal idle speed and then bounce back up to around 1500 and stay their for a sec then fall down again. it does this continuously until i reach around 20 mph or so. what does this sound like? i know its prolly not that big of a deal, it just annoys me to hear it kinda rev a little on its own. any help would be great, thanks in advance, forrest.
      sounds like your clutch is going bad.

put it in 4th gear while going 25 or so MPH, and floor your car, if your RPM's go up, then back down, your clutch is def. bad.

edit* that is, if it is doing this in gear, you didnt really explain.

Comment

Sounds like a sticky throttle. Mine used to do that.
        <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

no its not while its in gear, its only when i press the clutch all the way in and hold it in, the car revs on its own. how ever it doesnt do it when im just sitting their, i have to be going down the road at a decent speed.

Comment

Mine does it every now and then. It hasn't gotten better or worse in the 2 years I've owned it.
            \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

Originally posted by lilchubby:
              no its not while its in gear, its only when i press the clutch all the way in and hold it in, the car revs on its own. how ever it doesnt do it when im just sitting their, i have to be going down the road at a decent speed.
              Spray some WD-40 or PB-Blaster on the throttle spring.
              <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X