Runnnin really rich and too much moisture... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Runnnin really rich and too much moisture...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runnnin really rich and too much moisture...

Well I just dropped in a new IAT, and new o2 sensors, new spark plugs, wires, and ignition coils, and the damn car is still running really rich even after its up around 160-170 deg. On top of that I'm getting alot of drip out my muffler, which has me pondering a bit more also, I mean I expect some when its cold outside but its a little more than I could ever expect... Any other ideas?

I tried pulling my air filter also just to make sure it was breathing well, doesn't make a difference.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

how do you know its rich without a wideband?
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

When you can sit in the car and smell the gas, then walk around back and smell it STRONG from the exhaust you know its rich.... It's bad enough so I don't need to have it tested.

Comment

I'm going to get a diagnostic on it anyways, and ohm my injectors I have to replace them. So maybe I'll get lucky and its something stupid like an injector isn't closing all the way..

Comment

you smell raw fuel?

sound like you could have a cod start misfire like i have

i havn't figure out WTF is cuaseing it yet chaning injecotors soon see if it those

lol
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Originally posted by viper04af:
            you smell raw fuel?

sound like you could have a cod start misfire like i have

i havn't figure out WTF is cuaseing it yet chaning injecotors soon see if it those

lol
            ugh.. well hopefully I'll figure it out, I want to put new high voltage coils in it anyways, sick of these factory things they call coils.... And these things the guy that owned it before me he called spark plug wires, brand new sure, but talk about $10 wires, looks like you could find them at the dollar store let me tell ya... I did the plugs so far, but that was all in a mess cause I literally had one broken, and no cash on me, so I had to...

Aww well I'll get it scanned soon too, maybe in the next day or two if I get the time, find out whats triggering my SES..

Comment

are you disconnecting the battery between parts changes?
              01 Firebird A4 3.42
              Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
              and other mods
              Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
                For sure! And let it idle after I reconnect it when I am done, for about 20 minutes generally to just make sure, besides not like it hurts it to actually sit in normal operating rpm for a few minutes.. I have an issue at driving at 70 in 3rd for instant get up.

Thought today though just overlooked it, I have been putting alot of 110 Racing fuel into it, that might be part of my issue, also I did cut my cat and break the plates out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95:
                  </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by grayman:
                  For sure! And let it idle after I reconnect it when I am done, for about 20 minutes generally to just make sure, besides not like it hurts it to actually sit in normal operating rpm for a few minutes.. I have an issue at driving at 70 in 3rd for instant get up.

Thought today though just overlooked it, I have been putting alot of 110 Racing fuel into it, that might be part of my issue, also I did cut my cat and break the plates out of it.
                  </font>[/QUOTE]110 willl kill your O2 sensors
                  www.turbov6camaro.com
                  1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                  4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                  7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                  11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

- Very skeptical of any kind of additive (for oil or gas)
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

No additives its racing fuel from the pump... lol but ya I figured it would kill my sensors, I am going to replace them with simulators.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikos95:
                        I am going to replace them with simulators.
                        Bad idea. Your car needs them. Just lay off the useless race gas. Stick with 87, because that's all you need.
                        Matt
                        1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                        Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nikos95:
                          I am going to replace them with simulators.
                          Bad idea. Your car needs them. Just lay off the useless race gas. Stick with 87, because that's all you need. </font>[/QUOTE]Can't and wont, I'm replaceing my cam, heads, valve covers, lifters, rods, springs, crank, exhaust, injectors, bearings, and I highly plan on putting either a turbo on it or this Ati supercharger I have been looking at. But it will be quite the job. I hate running 87 I refuse to run 87 in anything. 90 is the lowest I ever run in any car, I can feel too much difference, the computer was reset today for 92, so I think I'm going to start dumping that in it, save me a little cash anyways. I just wish this car ran as well as my bike on 110....

Comment

isn't racing fuel leaded gas, and if you can read on the dash it says use unleaded, you should just go blow that some ***** up and buy a new motor. hell you prolly have a hole in your piston by now runnin 110 lol

word of the wise your engine isn't fast it won't be without serious mods and puttin 110 in it isn't doing much besides not fully burning hence why you smell gas in the exhaust.

the 87 flash point is the right size for the motor but 110 is a slow burning fuel so your only wasting you time and your cash that you could spend on real mods by filling up with 110
                            95 camaro 3.4auto, 3:23 gears, K&n intake, jet stage 1 chip, clear corners, flowmaster 80series, carsound cat,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X