Front A/C Compressor Bracket for a 3.8 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front A/C Compressor Bracket for a 3.8 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front A/C Compressor Bracket for a 3.8 Firebird

Yesterday I went to replace the squeaking belt on the Firebird and found out that the belt wasn't the problem at all. The front A/C compressor bracket snapped in half and the compressor was just dangling there. It seems the belt was holding the compressor in place and it wasn't very happy about this, thus the squeakage.

It seems this bracket is no longer in production anywhere. A dozen sites I've been to list it, but say that it's out of stock or and/out of production. Many more sites list the wrong bracket. There are none on eBay. Rock Auto doesn't list it. I called three dealerships and they all said they don't have it and can't get it. LKQ said they don't sell it.

So, does anybody know where I can get this bracket? Or, since I've seen a few posts about people doing an "A/C delete," does anyone have one they'd be willing to sell me?

In the picture below, it's #4, right in the middle. It's also where the idler pulley mounts.

Re: Front A/C Compressor Bracket for a 3.8 Firebird

Salvage yard most likely. Theres plenty of scraped camaros and firebirds.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X