3.4 EFI to Carb conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 EFI to Carb conversion

Im looking into how hard it would be to make my engine run with a carburetor. I would buy the intake manifold and carb for a 2.8l, but how would i control the ignition and the automatic trans?
    I heard i could get a distributor from a 85 s10 and run my ignition that way, but how would i time it? The 3.4 doesnt have a degree wheel for timing from the factory.
    Also, i heard i could get a transmission from a 93 camaro, because its not a 4l60E, its just a 4l60.
    I would get a fuel regulator to turn down the pressure to the carb.
    Are these the only things i would need to do this job?
    Last edited by Crazyfingers_kc; 02-19-2016, 03:05 PM.

Re: 3.4 EFI to Carb conversion

With all due respect....you are going to spend a lot of cash on a very old car and there is no assurance that it would turn out the way you want, yet you will still be out the money and the time. Why not take that money and buy something you want more and sell the car as is? Anyone who says "yeah, go ahead" will not be picking up the pieces when things go wrong....you will.

Comment

The old 2.8 in s10 trucks uses tbi type fuel injections. Many have adapted this tbi to the 3.4. I don't that would have much advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
        With all due respect....you are going to spend a lot of cash on a very old car and there is no assurance that it would turn out the way you want, yet you will still be out the money and the time. Why not take that money and buy something you want more and sell the car as is? Anyone who says "yeah, go ahead" will not be picking up the pieces when things go wrong....you will.
        I have an extra 3.4 V6 sittin in the engine stand. My plan is to leave the engine thats in my camaro in there, which already has pacesetter headers and a 252 comp cam. I want to get the extra 3.4 on the stand to run with a carbureted setup, and then swap all of the components to the cammed engine already in the camaro.

I hate having to tune with computers, and id love to have the simplicity of a carbureted engine in a somewhat modern car.

Comment

If you're looking for performance from your 3.4 why not do the 3500 top end swap on it and you'll make alot more hp.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 02-24-2016, 07:11 PM.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            If you're looking for performance from your 3.4 why not do the 3500 top end swap on it and you'll make alot more hp.
            Ive looked into it and it seems like too much work for me to do. This is the first time ive been able to do any heavy modifications on a vehicle, and i wanna start small(ish). My camaro will be a drift car when im done, and im using it as a learning experience.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X