Grand Am power steering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Am power steering?

I'm looking at a Grand Am. The car overall looks good with an expired registration and a dent at the left front. It has a check engine light, which might be related to O2 sensor. But it is a little to hard to steer at low speed. Could this be related to Power Steering pump? The owner is willing to sell it to me for $700.

Here it is from Craigslist:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5364511622.html

Re: Grand Am power steering?

Thats a good deal , power steering shouldn't set off any codes. Sounds like the pump. My ex-wife had a 2000 grand am 2 door just like that one for a while. I worked on it a few times, not too bad to work on.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, after looking at it closely it's not the power steering pump, but the rack and pinion. Plus I notice too the head gaskets need to be changed.

Comment

I did the LIm , wasn't too bad to do but I don't know about the head gaskets on one. No wonder the good price.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, after he left it running for 15 min the radiator reservoir started boiling and the temp went up to 240, instead of the normal 180. He was willing to let it go for 500. I would take it but my wife needs a car right away.

Comment

never see a grand am that clean by me. thats a deal. if was closer id buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Camarodragcar2002 View Post
              never see a grand am that clean by me. thats a deal. if was closer id buy it.
              Yeah, it's worth it. The body is really nice. Once you fix the head gasket and rack and pinion it is good to go.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                4 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X