Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey

First let me say, I don't have anyone to produce(or are willing to produce) these parts a of yet, and the cost of "cartune's" unit is $5K. This is just a survey to find out the kind of support that might be behind the idea to promote more turbo v6's. Is it probable or just an expensive pipe-dream!?
    (I don't mind drag racing from light to light or a full 1/4 mile, it just gripes me to lose to a ricer.):omg::mad::rant:
    Question: Is a set of headers and downpipe enough?(maybe a 3bar map?)
    If not, why and suggestions.
    TIA

Re: Survey

The best alternative is to just buy a good used v8 and be done. It just cost too much to turbo a v6. The price of a f-body v8 is so cheap these days.

Comment

Re: Survey

the v8 is not a challenge. It would just be simple to have bought a z28 as a daily driver, but I'm a gear-head and I have to "tweak"!! The little v6 offers the best of both worlds, good fuel economy and power when needed/or not!? Why does anyone put a set of headers on or purchase hptuner's, or replace cams? For fuel economy? The supercharger can get you into their playing field but the lack of room and support, makes it my second choice. The turbo offers the fun factor and allows you to be competitive.
      Now I'm making an assumption here, that most of you guys have mod'd your cars w/headers, cam, hptuners, injectors, fuel pumps w/hot wire kits. The only thing missing would be the turbo mod. If the t-mod is not your "cup of tea" that's fine. I'm not looking for guys satisfied w/what they have. I'm looking for those gear-heads that are not satisfied and want more "tweaking"! Right now the Turbo Regal community is inducting the 3800's into their GN's(grand-nationals, T-types and GTA's) due to the Lc-2 v6's becoming more scarce, not to mention more expensive to build. The 3800 is a buick engine which gives you access to the TR community. I believe the 3800 F-body community can benefit from the association of the two. The vendors there are still innovating new items to improve performance and longevity of the engines and transmissions. That's why a 10 second regal is not news anymore, but many are pushing into the 9's. I have my 9 sec. GN, but I'm trying to get the attention of the vendors to try and get more support for our 3800/f-body community. If there is not going to be enough support by the 3800's community, I will just build mine as a "one-off" and be satisfied w/that. I'm not here to push people into drag racing and high hp, but to bring more support for our sport and community.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X