Motor will not turn over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor will not turn over

Hey maybe someone can help me!! I have a 97 Camaro with the 3800 with 145,000 on it now. One day drive it to the store, it's running fine. Come out of the store the motor will not turn over. First thought maybe a bad battery. Tried to jump start still won't turn over! Battery tested good! Had the starter repaired, tech said that it was bad. Starter back in still won't turn over! Jumped a wire to the starter, starter kicked in and motor would turn over! So starter and battery are good! Tried neutral safety switch, it was good. Changed out key cylinder and computer still no luck. Used a voltmeter, not getting power to the starter when key is turned. Fuses all good! Any ideas where to go from here?! I need help!! Lol

Re: Motor will not turn over

Did you trace the starter wire from the battery to the starter maybe its shorted out somewhere? Or the pcm harness might be bad. Also check your grounds.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-11-2015, 11:18 AM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

is your security light on? If so you ll need to bypass your vats. You tube shows you how.

Comment

Check the gas pedal. it wont power the starter if the position switch cant see the pedal. I had mine do this and a straw wrapper blocking it. Floor mat can creep up there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Goelzer View Post
          Check the gas pedal. it wont power the starter if the position switch cant see the pedal. I had mine do this and a straw wrapper blocking it. Floor mat can creep up there as well.
          That's crazy, I didn't know such a thing could happen. That wouldn't have crossed my mind.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X