Temperature fluctuations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature fluctuations

I have a 95 Camaro 3.4L that was overheating when not moving. Mechanic said that the fan wasn't functioning properly and apparently fixed the problem but my concern is that the temperature is not stable. Every other car I have it goes to a certain temperature and stays there. The camaro did same before but now it fluctuates. On the freeway it stays consistent. In traffic or idling it cycles up and down up and down. It doesn't go as far up as it did before but still gets up there. I posted photos of examples of highway driving and highest during cycle in traffic.
    So my questions are:
    Is it normal for the temperature to go up and down in cycles when not moving much?
    Could there be some other issue going on?
    Anything that sheds light on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Roman

Re: Temperature fluctuations

Does your fan turn on? Try looking at the sending unit first and see if that needs to be replaced.

Comment

The fan turns on but seems to turn on late. What could cause it to turn on late? Relay? Thx

Comment

You left out some info. What temperature does the fan turn on at? And what is your maximum temperature? What temperature thermostat do you have in the car?

Comment

What thermostat do you have in the engine?

Before the mechanic worked on the fans, was there a "tune" in the ECM?

Have you verified that the fans are now working properly or are you just going on what the mechanic told you?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X