AC mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC mystery

AC in my 02 3.8 Firebird started to blow hot the other day while sitting at a light.

I pulled the fuse to see if it was blown[It was not] and when I put the fuse back the AC started working again.

Fast forward a few days and the AC quit twice in one day but pulling the perfectly good fuse for a few seconds seemed to ''reboot'' the AC. It blows cold enough to hang meat when it's working.

Any one ever have a problem like this?

Re: AC mystery

Hasn't happened since. It's difficult to diagnose a problem like this.

Comment

You really need to put a set of gauges on it. Sounds like one of the pressure switches might be shutting off the compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
        You really need to put a set of gauges on it. Sounds like one of the pressure switches might be shutting off the compressor.
        Agreed but why would pulling the fuse make it work again? I would think turning the car off and back on would be the same as pulling the fuse but it doesn't reset the ac like pulling the fuse does.

Comment

coincidence. if it's blowing cold and then just stops working. probably the low pressure switch. you can jumper the pigtail that goes to it. and if kicks back on. there ya go.

Comment

Coincidence doesn't happen 3 times. I tried turning the car off and back on every time the ac turned off, it would not turn back on till I removed and returned the fuse.

Next time it happens I'm going to bang on the clutch and see if it engages.

Comment

I would try what bee said first bettin on something electrical. Sounds like pulling the fuse is resetting it back to normal or something. I read a thread on here I think that said check for vacume leaks when my dd ac was acting up. In that thread it said to specifically check by the battery, sure enough that was it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X