Vats.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vats.....

Well guys i haven't been on here in a few months but i had something come up that has brought me back, it all started Thursday night when i went to leave work my car wouldn't crank and the security light kept coming on. I i started by taking my pcm to pcm of nc(there 20 min from where i work lol be jealous)and get them to disable the security and with all the hope i had it didn't work so i went to trying a new ignition key and that didn't work so then i went to doing some research and i did the resistor thing to bypass the ignition all together and after i got it all done my car started right up. But now i have a miss fire that is so bad it sounds like i have a v8 with a huge cam, do you guys think i should take my computer back to pcm of nc and get them to reset the computer back to stock.

ps when i leave the car running now with the crazy bad miss i can go up and unplug the maf and the engine acts different, which to my knowledge i thought it would only do that if something was wrong with it.

Re: Vats.....

Is your check engine light on? If so what codes? What all did they tune or was it just security?
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
    Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

no check engine light, and it was just suppose to be security.

Comment

I thought the vats security stuff was in the bcm? I know if you change your bcm you have to match the new bcm with either a new resistor vats over ride or match with the new key chip corresponding to new bcm. Also a mass air flow will give you a cel code. Seems like too big of a coincidence that after they messed with your computer the car runs like crap to be a maf sensor. Especially when the bcm controls your vats. Just my .02 cents but I'd do some more homework on these issues then be making to phone calls to the pcm place.

Comment

The security can be disabled in a tuning software such as hp tuners

Comment

As you say, 'its only 20 minutes away' and it happened first thing after flash... I say take it back an explain.

Also, I would really check those PCM connections. Could have pulled something loose when replacing?
            sigpic
            98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

If the vats is in the bcm why mess with the pcm? Recipe for disaster.

Comment

the pcm controls half of the security operation, from my knowledge(which i could be wrong) the pcm keeps the injectors from operating when security is going off

Comment

but i am going to get the pcm tuned back to stock and see where to go from there

Comment

The bcm tells the pcm to cut off injectors. I guess that could be over ride thru the pcm but if you know how to get rid of vats with the chip/resistor why mess with pcm? If you don't know the procedure it's easy.Looks a little intimidating at first but it's not. I've seen on ebay where you read your key chip resistor ,get the resistance which is a number 1 thru 12 I believe. Each number is a prescribed resistance then you order the number you need. It's plug n play for about 17 bucks. Keep in mind the resistor is like a dollar at radio shack fyi.The bigger problem is the bcm's are failing and it controls a lot of stuff. I had to override my entire bcm. Most everything my bcm used to control has been rewired without. Like the vats, windows, interior lights etc. Sometimes I hate gm, ok I said sometimes.

Comment

VATS disables the started and fuel pump. Do a case relearn on the PCM and see if that helps.
                      sigpic

Comment

got them to redo my pcm back to stock and it is running perfect

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X