Drivability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drivability

I had a high voltage on bank 1 O2 sensor, and it was a bad sensor so I changed it, and it stopped but then came back after 50 miles....

Comment

Codes were P1133, p0133, p0134, p0300

Comment

po300 random misfire is the only one I recognize those other codes seem to be all sensors which can throw codes due to the po300 random misfire. Imho I would chase that one down in the hopes the others disappear when the misfire is gone. Back to the basics says 3 things, fuel , spark and compression. Fuel ,pump healthy? pump pressure? injectors good clean? Spark plug wires {found many a bad one with an ohmmeter} ,plugs {while they're out run a compression test all cylinders should be within 10%of each other}, icm {known to fail part} ignition coils another misfie part. Last but not least the compression test.

Comment

Icm? Don't know what or where that is. The ignition system is new. The high voltage concerns me on that one sensor...

Comment

Icm is your ignition control module. Its underneath your igniton coils. I guess it "talks" to the coils and tells them to spark from information received from the main computer. When I replaced mine it was Dry and rusty. Of all the parts on your car this is one place you want to use lots of dielectric grease esp underside of the coils. While you're at it with a known possible electric problem make sure to dielectric grease both ends of your spark plug wires . The sparkplug side and the coil plug in side.
            Had a problem with no spark on my race car and a guy told me to ground the motor in 4 places {over kill but you get the point} and dielectric grease everystuff electrical . Never had that problem since. Now I dielectric everything electrical and problems are quite minimal to say the least. Question...have you performed compression test and if so what were the results?

Comment

Sorry went on a dielectric grease rant. The coils bolt down to the icm. When you take the coils out of the car as a 6 pack {or 3 pack x2} they come out with the icm. How did your spark plugs look? Any white ones. Is your coolant level good? You probly know the tendencies for the 3.8 to eat up those stock oem intake gaskets.

Comment

Icm was tested and passed.

Comment

What did compression test reveal? 10%?

Comment

Yeah I mean it's a GM crate motor with 10k

Comment

Originally posted by nwilson44 View Post
                      Yeah I mean it's a GM crate motor with 10k
                      It can still blow a gasket or have a defect, I would test it to be sure.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X