Defroster doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defroster doesn't work

Well, I bought a 2002 Camaro V6 about 2 months ago and all has been good with it.... mostly. I had and still have to fix minor kinks, but it is a reliable car.

One thing that I haven't gotten around to fixing, but need to is that defroster. My defroster doesn't work... I press the button and nothing happens. I hear a "clicking" sound sometimes but the light doesn't turn on. I tried swapping the breaker with the one from the power windows and nothing... I then tried to swap it with a fuse and nothing. So what should I look at next?

None of the grids appear to be peeled or broken, and AFAIK the wires are plugged in. Where else can I look?

Re: Defroster doesn't work

It could be the switch, which is electronic. When mine was new and luckily still under warranty, one of the myriad problems that needed resolving was that the defroster switch died. The dealer replaced that whole module with the HVAC controls on it. So, you may be able to locate a replacement module, or at least take yours out and see if you can jump the switch to see if the system otherwise works. If it does then you know it's just the switch and go from there.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X