What is this in my oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is this in my oil?

After all that money...you might want to demand a new engine as it may never be right!
    Phil

Comment

Might have a bad cam lobe, sometimes you'll get a bad billet or a lifter ate it.

Comment

I'll see if I cant post a video. It sounds terrible. Its not as bad as a spun bearing but it sounds bad and its loud. so I can't tell you what it is. It did have an incident when the freeze plug came out of it, a couple days after I got it, and they just plugged it back up. I can honestly say I have been very disappointed in the approach and attitude GM has taken with my car. It could just be my local dealer but I am very disappointed in the nonchalant attitude about it, as if I didnt fork them over a lot of money for an engine. It'll get fixed but I am very upset about it. Let me see if I can get a video.

Comment

Contact the Regional Manager of GM who deals with service also, find out who the owner of the dealer is and send him a certified letter and tell him this engine in not right and you want another engine or your old engine back and installed. Tell him you are willing to take him into small claims court and sue him as well as report him to the state consumer protection bureau. I had the same experience with a new engine on my Camaro. I did not sue him because I knew the jerk had no money but I did report him to the consumer division of the state and they sent an investigator to his business three time in what looks like a police car plus I reported him to the local police. He was harrased so much he went out of business. This was a small independant garage. If the state of ...........consumer/auto....comes to the Chevy dealer, they will wake up and smell the coffee.
          Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
            Contact the Regional Manager of GM who deals with service also, find out who the owner of the dealer is and send him a certified letter and tell him this engine in not right and you want another engine or your old engine back and installed. Tell him you are willing to take him into small claims court and sue him as well as report him to the state consumer protection bureau. I had the same experience with a new engine on my Camaro. I did not sue him because I knew the jerk had no money but I did report him to the consumer division of the state and they sent an investigator to his business three time in what looks like a police car plus I reported him to the local police. He was harrased so much he went out of business. This was a small independant garage. If the state of ...........consumer/auto....comes to the Chevy dealer, they will wake up and smell the coffee.
            Yeah man I hear you talking. I am going to escalate the situation progressively and systematically. People screw up and I am going to get my car fixed. If it comes down to that, then yeah. However I am going to give them an opportunity to either fix it or refund my 4300. So if they decide not to fix it nor refund my money then yes that action becomes appropriate. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt and allow them to fix their mistake. So I will discuss with the shop foreman my concerns and ask him how he wants to address them. I will also talk to the service manager and come to some consensus as to how its going to get handled. At the end of the day, asking my to drive a car that clearly has an issue will not be an option on the table any more. I'll get a video of it today so you guys can hear this noise. Its crazy.

Comment

It's condensation from short trips,the engine needs to get hotter to burn it off.

Comment

I would say the day to fix it has passed. You got a lemon...period. Demand, yes Demand a new engine or your money back and your old engine re-installed. Don't be a wiss.
                Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
                  I would say the day to fix it has passed. You got a lemon...period. Demand, yes Demand a new engine or your money back and your old engine re-installed. Don't be a wiss.
                  The old engine made the exact same noise.... and its not about being a wiss its about giving them the chance I would want if I messed up. To your point though, if they end up refusing to fix it then yes, escalation is going to be permitted by myself, and they wont be able to say I wasnt nice, that I was unfair, or didnt give enough time.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                    It's condensation from short trips,the engine needs to get hotter to burn it off.
                    Forgive me, are you talking about the stuff on the oil?

Comment

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11775280...78/posts/p/pub

Video is on my profile at the very top..... It is with no serpentine belt.

Comment

too see this U must have a google plus account, if not U have to created a user and password that satisfies the site....too much trouble.
                        Phil

Comment

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOCyT-l47es

Comment

This should take you right to it. Sorry for all of the talking....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X