injector fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injector fitment

Hey guys I am haveing an injector go bad so I was going to swap it out with another so I pulled 3 out of a grand prix 3.8 series two, I was just wanting to make sure they would work.

And man I seen three l67 still fully there at my local pull a part

Re: injector fitment

Depends on the year of your vehicle if their Bosch style or Muti-tec.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You have 3 stock ones in your car? If so, no... those are a different flow rate.

Otherwise, if the connectors match up they should work in a matched set. I'd be wary of pulling injectors from different cars though.

Comment

idk if there boch all i know is the numbers on the side of the injector, but they do have 4 holes on the tip where it sprays out.Yeah i would be wary to but im going to try to clean them very good like this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aT4S1lIBAY

Comment

i typed in the number off the side and they look the same http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=891173_0_0_
          Last edited by 3.8lcoty; 10-02-2013, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Cleaning doesn't flow match them. And do you have a set of 6 of the same ones?

Comment

What year vehicle is yours and what did year and car did you pull them out of?
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Docta I am sorry I thought you were talking about how clean they would be, I have 3 but I could probably get the rest

Ssms I have a 98 and I didn't thing to look at the year of the other car when I got them

Comment

which cars could i get injectors off of that would work for my camaro, its a 98 with cat back and high-flow filter is all.

i have been trying to chase a miss fire down for about a year now,it has got worse and before with fuel additives it would stop but now nothing does the trick except time and sooner or later it will just stop .i have changed the plug,wire,coil and just messed with the injector in the car to see if it was stuck and it was clicking open and closed like it should so idk what to do next.

Comment

With chasing the missfire, how have you been doing it? Do you have a code indicating which cylinder(s) are missfiring? If so, have you tried moving coils and/or injectors to other cylinders to see if the missfire follows the part?
                    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell View Post
                      With chasing the missfire, how have you been doing it? Do you have a code indicating which cylinder(s) are missfiring? If so, have you tried moving coils and/or injectors to other cylinders to see if the missfire follows the part?
                      i have been starting simple and working from there and it started with cylinder 3 miss fire only at idle and wasn't noticeable then went to small spurts of bad miss firing where it made the car sound like a motorcycle and now it does it for days and vibrates enough when miss firing to see it in the rear view mirror when idling and on a cold crank it now puffs what looks like white smoke or grayish,last time i had the codes ran which i think what set them off was from one cylinder miss firing it said random miss fire,cat bad, and maybe an 02 code i cant remember.

i have changed the coil 2,plug 2,wire 2.
                      and just tested to see if injector still clicking and it was. ran gas additives but the fix was only momentary.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X