Crank but no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank but no start

It was pouring Friday morning and i ran through a large puddle (no where else to turn) and after crossing through it my car stalled. Had it towed back home and removed spark plugs and water came pouring out of cylinder 5 and 6. I manually turned the engine to get the rest of the water out :(

2 days later i put new plugs in and changed the oil, but now the car cranks but doesnt start! I added starting fluid from the brake booster vacuum line, but nothing... Is there anyway to force it to crank up???

Originally posted by Ed2011 View Post
    It was pouring Friday morning and i ran through a large puddle (no where else to turn) and after crossing through it my car stalled. Had it towed back home and removed spark plugs and water came pouring out of cylinder 5 and 6. I manually turned the engine to get the rest of the water out :(

2 days later i put new plugs in and changed the oil, but now the car cranks but doesnt start! I added starting fluid from the brake booster vacuum line, but nothing... Is there anyway to force it to crank up???
    Did you check if you have the right compresion on all cylinders. Also check your getting fuel and spark

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Crank but no start

No, ill go tomorrow to autozone to get a compression tester and OBDII scanner see if it shouts out any codes...

It is getting fuel, after cranking for a few times i removed few spark plugs and they smelled of gas. Spark on the other hand idk yet

Comment

Is there a typical reading on the compression test??

Comment

Is there a typical reading on the compression test??
          All it is , is a gauge that has a hose that screws into the spark plug hole. Remove the fuel injectors fuse or fuel pump idk which. And just crank over the car and read. And when it hits the tip top point then that's the compression that cylinder has.
          And compare it to what the compression should be whuch I don't know for these engines.

Comment

checking for spark is super easy just pull a plug wire off a plug and ground it to something. try starting the motor, and visually inspect for spark. how much water came out in your oil?

Comment

I'm betting it got hydrolocked and bent the connecting rods. Water pouring out of cylinders is not a good sign.
              2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

^^ its definitely a really good possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
                  checking for spark is super easy just pull a plug wire off a plug and ground it to something. try starting the motor, and visually inspect for spark. how much water came out in your oil?
                  Thanks will check later..

About 2-3 cups, not much. If the enigne broke a rod would it still turnover?

Comment

Thanks will check later..

About 2-3 cups, not much. If the enigne broke a rod would it still turnover?
                    Yea it would you would just hear a lot of knocking noises and find chunks of a rod at the bottom of the oil pan

Comment

I took out the plugs today and they came out with dirt mixed with fuel :rant: Is this a bad sign?!

Did a one plug for compression test and read 120-110; ill do the rest tomorrow.. As far for knocking or random chunks, the engine seems okay. Nothing popped rattle while it was turning..

Comment

There was spark also... I was told to check the alternator also, so i would being that also D:

Comment

the alternator? ....... but why

Comment

LOLOL i have no clue, but passed with flying colors..
                            Does anyone know what the test results for the compression should look like??

Comment

Who ever said that didn't know what they were saying. I'm sorry lol. That makes no sense

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X