Very Loud Engine Noise. Help Please! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Loud Engine Noise. Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very Loud Engine Noise. Help Please!

How are they going to go about doing 11:1 CR? Flat top pistons or milling the heads or both? You don't want to mill these heads too much without running good MLS gaskets and ARP head studs. There isn't a whole lot of meat there to remove lol!

11:1 is still within the "safe" range. I think max is around 11.5 for pumpgas unless you angle mill the heads and all that fun stuff.

If the shop you're taking it to knows their stuff, then I'm willing to bet it won't be cheap but should be a reliable build. You will need to invest in getting it tuned by a good shop or somebody that knows what they're doing. That high compression doesn't allow much wiggle room.

Comment

Re: Very Loud Engine Noise. Help Please!

Yeah these guys will be able to do a custom dyno tune on the car. They are currently doing the research to see what the best N/A setup would be. I'm not price shopping at this point because I dont want to end up where I am now. They may come back with a different compression ratio, I'm not sure. Custom pistons are also an option, but like I said, I have no clue, so they are doing some research.

The car is still making the noise and with an exception of a slight misfire, it runs well. The K&N CAI i just put on is louder than I thought. Sounds better though. I just know the motor isnt right so I am going to have to tear back into it eventually. I'll see what they quote me and what direction they see is best fit. I'll let you guys know and see what you guys think as well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X