more power from new coils or headers? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more power from new coils or headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more power from new coils or headers?

would accel coils or pacesetter headers get me more power from a 97 camaro with a 3800v6?

Re: more power from new coils or headers?

http://mods.firebirdv6.com/intakeexhaust.html look inn the headers

http://mods.firebirdv6.com/drivetrain.html look in the coil section

to tell ya the truth man keep your stock coils but for the exhaust do the headers and cat back along with the cat. you will gain power.

Comment

I'll probably buy the Headers next month, but I already Installed the Accel Coils along with the 8.5mm MSD super conductor wires and It makes a difference for sure.

Comment

coils wont do anything.. at all for your performance. the stock coils are the BEST coils made for the v6. msd makes junk coils for the 3.8 and accel isnt that great either.

if you only install headers, you will probably notice a drop in performance because your car will have less low end torque, you will only notice it in the high end, which unless it is a race car you wont notice it

Comment

Whoa, whoa, I've got MSD coils on my car plus headers, and the only problem I ever had was a random misfire message for alittle while but after a week or two it cleared up and my car accelerates so smooth its unreal. Plus the red under the hood just accents it too.

Comment

There's always stories both ways. General consensus is that OEM coils are just fine. Headers will always do alot more.

Comment

I've got MSD coils on mine as well and have had zero issues with them. I believe there were issues with the 1st generation of MSD coils for the 3800, but since then they've resolved the problem.
              aka FreedStyle
              Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
              2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                coils wont do anything.. at all for your performance. the stock coils are the BEST coils made for the v6. msd makes junk coils for the 3.8 and accel isnt that great either.

if you only install headers, you will probably notice a drop in performance because your car will have less low end torque, you will only notice it in the high end, which unless it is a race car you wont notice it
                this. though msd did improve theirs, but its still a pointless mod for a car with barely anything done to it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X