Cascade Coolant Flush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cascade Coolant Flush?

Dexjunk has gotten my coolant beyond filthy. I am going to do a complete flush of it but I want to know if my normal flush will be safe with the aluminum in this engine?

I have done the cascade powdered dish detergent in diesels and old iron heads/block 350s before with zero problems and it works great. I just didnt know if it would be safe with the aluminum in the engine. Also would a vinegar flush do any good after the cascade flush to remove any left over contaminates and de-rust the internals?

Some of the powerstroke guys recommend Simple Green or Purple Power instead of cascade. Anybody have experience with those?

I just want it completely clean before I switch to green antifreeze.

Re: Cascade Coolant Flush?

First off, unless you have a motor that isn't a 3.8, its all iron. Second, there are actual products that arr made for that specific purpose. I know BG and Prestone both make one, and there's probably more.

Comment

Its a 2000 3.8l camaro. I figured it would at least have aluminum heads. And i have tried the prestone flush/cleaners in the past and the cascade works so much better. And its cheaper.

Comment

Thennnnn why are you asking?

Comment

I was just making sure it wouldnt mess up any aluminum parts in the engine. But since its all iron then Ill just go for it. Thanks.

Comment

You water pump is aluminum. Firstly certain the front cover is, and I think that's about it.

Comment

Intakes are alm. also.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X