Reverse Light Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Light Switch

The reverse lights in my 96 3.8L Automatic Firebird have been working intermittently. Sometimes they work fine, sometimes they come on late (like 10 seconds after putting it in reverse), sometimes they don't come on at all.
    Not a big deal, but kinda of annoying when backing up at night, especially with a tinted rear window.
    I figure it's likely the switch that controls them, I've read it's on the transmission somewhere, but nobody has been able to tell me where.

Can anyone direct me to where on the car the switch is located, and how to replace it?

Re: Reverse Light Switch

I have a 5 Speed Transmission but the Reverse Lamp Switch sits on top of these transmissions. They do go faulty, causes shorts and blow 15 amp fuses which also controls the Turn Signals and Back Up lights. The fuse is located open you open your drivers side door to access the fuse panel.

Got access to a lift? It should be easy to access and pry out the harness then remove the switch itself. If no lift, its much harder with Rhino Ramps as youre 1/2 way under the car.
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X