Yet another P0171 tread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another P0171 tread

Ok, I've been searching this code for the last past two months. It seems like there's a lot of answers out there but I still can't seem to fix this. In November I had my fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs and cables replaced. Two weeks ago I had my water pump, intake manifold and two radiator hoses replaced, and just 4 days ago I had all three O2 sensors replaced (because when my water pump went bad, it leaked into the intake manifold and they suspected that the coolant damaged the O2 sensors.) After all these replacement and I reset the code I'm still getting too lean on banks 1 & 2. I even checked for vacuum leaks. I'm lost as what else to try. Any ideas on what else it could be? Thanks.

Re: Yet another P0171 tread

What year vehicle is it?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Sorry forgot to mention, it's a 2002, with 110400 miles on it. I got the cat and exhaust replaced about 2 years ago, because I couldn't go past 45mph.

Comment

What other mods other than exhaust have you done?
        sigpic

Comment

Cold air intake and a whisper lid that's it.

Comment

Could be an exhaust leak before the O2's or a leaking EGR, Fuel trims have to go past 15% for the lean code to set. You don't have enough mods to require MAF re tuning.
            sigpic

Comment

I asked the mechanic about the EGR and he said it's not. The fuel trim is running at 9%

Comment

9% when, now ? If the long term fuel trims ever reach more than 15% the code sets. You need to be reading fuel trims as you drive with a scanner to see when they go over 15%. Have you clean the MAF yet?
                sigpic

Comment

At idle it was at 9%. The mechanic had his tool plugged into the obd reader and it would surge. He wasn't sure if a new ECM would fix it but I just had it replaced with updated programming. I can feel the car idling a lot smoother than before so with all the work done it feels better. Before all the work was done just by holdin onto the steering wheel you can feel the roughness of the idle now it's just nothing. Are you suggesting that I should get a tool to plug into it and drive it around and see what it's reading at? The MAF was cleaned out by a chevrolet dealership about 2 months ago

Comment

Yes...
                    sigpic

Comment

Do you know the actual name to the item? I'm sure autozone would carry this little bad boy?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X