Car died while driving... then started back up later - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car died while driving... then started back up later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car died while driving... then started back up later

Problem: While driving home, going approximately 45 MPH, the engine cut off, the oil pressure gauge dropped to 0, and I lost power steering. Thankfully, I was able to coast into a parking lot and check it out. After a few hours in which nothing seemed to be obviously wrong, and yet the car refused to turn over, it started up, and I drove it home with no issues, and it was fine for a few days. Now, however, is it sitting at work, unwilling to start. My best guess is that the fuel pump isn't working.

Details: When the engine cut out, I still had lights, radio, blinkers, brakes, and transmission all functioning normally. I happened to have my OBDII scanner in the car with me, yet when I plugged it in, it wouldn't activate (i.e. it acted as if I had never plugged it in). I then plugged the scanner into my wife's car when she came to pick me up, and it scanned the codes just fine. No fluids were low of obviously leaking, other than some rear differential fluid. I have an aftermarket alarm on my car which has been acting buggy for years, which will sometimes resurrect itself and lock my doors, beep, and then die again.

I'm thinking there must be a short somewhere, but I am really clueless on this one. Thanks for any help!

-Justin
    Last edited by Justin.Kirkham; 05-25-2012, 09:28 PM. Reason: Update

Re: Car died while driving... then started back up later

Clearly the answer is to let your wife do the driving. Nothing wrong with her car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X