Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time for a new radiator?

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
    The Pre-Mix 50/50 stuff you're using is NOT dex-cool. It's just universal antifreeze, Dex-cool is known to eat gaskets and it is the #1 reason our intake gaskets fail prematurely.

Have you even looked into the real reason GM uses dex-cool? It's not for mechanical purposes, I can guarantee you that.

OH :bs:

Dex-cool is available in a Prestone 50/50 pre-mix - have some in the garage right now - not some Walmart crap.

I have extensively read up on the Dex-cool issues just because of the arguments.

Dex-cool has a superior heat transfer coefficient, over the green crap.

"As lawyers continue to collect names for potential class action lawsuits from people claiming Dex-Cool damaged their car or truck, automobile mechanics are advising that if you have Dex-Cool as a coolant in your vehicle, you should not replace it with another form of antifreeze.

If your car or truck came from the factory with Dex-Cool, you should continue to use that coolant both as replacement and to top off the radiator, the mechanics say.

Last but not least, if your car came from the factory with standard "green" antifreeze, don't switch to Dex-Cool."

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...m_dexcool.html

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X