Placing in Park doesn't always release Key... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Placing in Park doesn't always release Key...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placing in Park doesn't always release Key...

Sometimes I have to go back into gear and replace it in park until the key is released from the ignition...I hear a clunk when it goes into park whenever this happens.

This is the lockout I believe but what rectifies this? Can anyone tell me specifically what I need to replace inside of the console to fix this? Or is there something that is just loose and needs to be retightened?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: Placing in Park doesn't always release Key...

There are two cables connected to the gear selector. One goes to the brake pedal and the other goes to the transmission. Check to make sure the transmission cable is good. At one time mine came loose (the sheath around the cable cracked and frayed) and mine did the same thing. If you find that is the problem, I have one that is relatively new from my car, as I recently did the 5spd swap, just pm me.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X