People with 5 spds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People with 5 spds

Quick question, I recently did the 5spd swap, and used the 5spd PCM. Sometimes when rolling with it in neutral, the rpms stay around 1700 till my car comes to a complete stop, at which point it drops down to about 900-1000 rpms, is this supposed to happen? If so, it only happens sometimes, others it will drop back to idle as soon as I push in the clutch. Sometimes I will drive around an entire day where it keeps them up until I stop, then a week where it doesn't.

When it does keep the RPM's up, it seems that when I go to shift after letting off the gas, the RPM's go higher, like I didnt let off the gas when pushing in the clutch, is this a pedal issue? Should I have used a 5spd pedal or something?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Re: People with 5 spds

Mine does the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Ya mine pretty much does the same thing too, except it only hovers around 1100 till I stop.

Comment

Same thing here.

Comment

i only have 2 speeds on and mor-on.

Comment

i have an 01 btw and mine doesn't do that... it did for a short time when i was tuning for boost. don't recall what caused it.

Comment

Might want to lubricate the throttle linkage on the side of the throttle body just to rule that out. I've had mine stick before.

Comment

Flaming Chickens is DBW
                Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Its DBW.

The thing is, my dads truck does it, so I figured it should be normal. But it does it intermittenly. Some days it feels like idling high until I stop, others it drops right back to normal idle as soon as I push in the clutch.

Could it be the computer having issues with the engine? The PCM is from a 99 firebird 5 spd, mine is a 2000 model.
                  Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

i think it could be.. but like everybody is saying i'm sure its not anything to worry about... i think cleaning your maf would be a good idea though.

Comment

When you are coasting and it is doing this, try just tapping the brake and see if the RPMs drop. Mine is an auto and I noticed that mine will do this. It seems like the transmission disengages and allows the engine to freewheel and the car to coast. If yours does this too, there must be something else that is a remnant of the auto trans that needs to be taken care of.
                      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

DBW as a culprit makes sense because it explains why most 5-spd owners are apparently experiencing it. '98 was the last year for a regular throttle cable before DBW. I have a '98 and have never experienced anything like this.

Comment

mine is a 99 with 5 spd and doesn't do that at all. As soon as I press the clutch the rpms drop to idle area.
                          If it idles high then some air is going in. I would clean the throttle body first to make sure the plate is closing. Also check for vacuum leaks.
                          1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X