3.4 Problem (Any help appreciated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 Problem (Any help appreciated)

I have a '95 Camaro 3.4 which, for the most part, hasn't give me much trouble for its age. However recently it instantly started having a dead miss, so I fixed the bad plug wires causing the problem. Now I have a sputter, hesitation, etc. when accelerating hard from lower RPM (as well as when revving somewhat hard at idle). It clears up and then rolls on, but it still bothers me. I cleaned the throttle body, changed spark plugs and no change. I was thinking maybe fuel filter or dirty injectors (added cleaner to fuel). Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.
    P.S. It only sputters at lower RPM, once its got some engine speed to it, its fine.

Re: 3.4 Problem (Any help appreciated)

Don't know alot about 3.4 but I'll take a guess, maybe coils or a bad injector starting to go. Good luck I'm sure a 3.4 guy will post more.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'm guessing that it might be a bad coil or wire.

Comment

How would you (or can you) check the coil or injectors if that is the case?

Comment

Originally posted by jsb2797 View Post
          How would you (or can you) check the coil or injectors if that is the case?
          For injector there's usually a very distinct ticking sound, but it's very difficult to hear it, even with a mechanic stetescope.

Coil you have to test with an ohm meter or something. You may be better off taking it to a mechanic and have him scan it so he can tell you the exact problem and then fix it yourself.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I just got around to checking the coils, and found that one is apparently bad (showing no resistance on the secondary). I'm going to change it and hope that is the problem, because it seems to be getting worse.
            UPDATE: I changed out the bad coil, and it seems it is fixed. :) Thanks again for the ideas.
            Last edited by jsb2797; 03-21-2012, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X