for a
    1996 3.8l v6 120,000 miles
    A4
    Camaro RS with Y87 performance package
    (gears and lsd0
    Flowmaster 80 series
    Cold air intake

[ May 12, 2004, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Magichat ]
    We got this thing its called RADAR LOVE.

What Car, trans?? Mine is 7.5 a couple mods ago. Probably 7.2 or so now.
    1993 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6 A4<br />F41 RPO suspension option<br />119K miles<br />Fastchip<br />K&N \"Filtercharged\"<br />Airbox cuttout CAI<br />ASP underdrive pulleys<br />Pacesetter Headers<br />Flowmaster 80 Series 2.75 cat-back<br />MangaFlow Hi-Flow Cat<br />Corvette Servo<br />16.4 @ 81 MPH

Comment

Uhm

1996 3.8l v6 120,000 miles

Camaro RS with Y87 performance package
      (gears and lsd0
      Flowmaster 80 series
      Cold air intake

Comment

that is alot of miles...
        2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

still shouldnt be 9 seconds. its a 96, they never break! lol.

Comment

ANY ideas on whats wrong? car seems to not accelerate hard 40-60

Comment

all V6 f-bodies i think accelerate that slow 40-60
              99\' W68 Firebird<br />SLP Ram air kit,Whisper Air Lid, k&n, 8mm Taylor Wires, Bridgestone Potenzas RE950, BMR Red LCAs, Pacesetter Headers and 3\"in catalytic converter with 2.75\" Flowmaster Cat-back<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008</a>

Comment

my dads 97 accord with a 4 banger and 200k on it goes that slow.. something has to be wrong. :( sorry i dont know what it is though.
                Red 98 A4 Firebird<br />..its pretty..<br />- - - - - - - - - <br />6 Infinity 3-way speakers with Alpine deck and 720 watt Kenwood amp..

Comment

When was the last time you did some of the routine maintenance?

Plugs, wires, fuel filter,(I assume your air filter is good)

Also are you running the original o2s?

Comment

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                    When was the last time you did some of the routine maintenance?

Plugs, wires, fuel filter,(I assume your air filter is good)

Also are you running the original o2s?
                    I agree with him. You should get under the hood and give it a good tuneup. Plugs, wires, fuel & air filters, etc.
                    You shouldn't be accelerating that slow. If a good tuneup doesn't do the trick, tear the TB apart and clean some of that carbon buildup out, then seafoam it.
                    *if you don't know about seafoam, go to the search section at the top and type it in under the "intake/exhaust" section. You'll get ALL the info you will ever need on it.
                    sigpic

Comment

I guess these cars just all come out of the factory a little different.

I saw a test in a German car magazine on a 98 A4 convertible with 3.42 rear end. That car took 9.6 s from 0-62 mph.

My car with excact the same set-up takes between 8.3 and 8.5 secs. That is about 8.0 - 8.2 s from 0-60 mph. Quarter mile is about 16.0 s. That is with the stock 193hp Euro set-up.
                      Horst, <br />2000 Camaro mystic teal convertible,<br />Germany<br />Euro specs incl. 3.45 rear end, restrictive exhaust, Euro rear bumper, Trans Am leather seats

Comment

Those times seem slow. I remember Motor Trend did a test on one of the first 3.8 Firebirds in 1995 and it ran 7.1 to 60, with 3.42 and posi. They later ran a 3.8 Camaro without posi and 3.08's and it ran 7.4 seconds. Using a G-Tech, I routinely run 6.8-7.2 to 60. Mine's a Y87 A4 with Whisper Lid, K&N, and take-off Camaro SS exhaust. I agree that some engine work is needed on any car that is running 8 seconds to 60 or more.
                        1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

You can not accuratly time with a stop watch if that is what you were using.
                          And accurate way is a video camera using a video editing program... lol or possibly a gtech
                          1997 Chevrolet Camaro<br />5 Speed STD 3.8L V6<br />Mods: !cat, Cherry Bomb Super Turbo muffler<br />15.9@86mph 2.353 60\'@1600ft<br />400,000km

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantafbodyagain:
                            You can not accuratly time with a stop watch if that is what you were using.
                            And accurate way is a video camera using a video editing program... lol or possibly a gtech
                            That's a good point; no one asked how he got that time. What method did you use to figure out your 0-60 time?
                            1996 Camaro w/ Y87 package. T-Tops, purple, loaded. Custom painted salad-shooters with Mirage paint.<br /><br />(It\'s my girlfriends car!)

Comment

You're right, a G-Tech is not 100% accurate, but it's ballpark. Stop watches are way off. Motor Trend I believe carried out those tests with their radar equipment, also very accurate. I forgot to mention both of those cars were autos, so a 5-speed can get into the 6's stock.
                              1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X