Autozone Duralast water pumps - any good experiences? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autozone Duralast water pumps - any good experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Autozone Duralast water pumps - any good experiences?

Have you scraped the old gasket material completely clean off the block?

It's odd that you're having this problem again. I can only think that a slight pulley misalignment may force the bearing and pulley to wear out faster. Just a suspicion.

I clean my block surfaces with a wire cup and drill to make sure I have a clean surface for the water pump to adhere to and use a straightedge to check pulley alignment, which takes a few seconds to measure.

Duralast products are "OK" but I use AC Delco for peace of mind. The extra cost is worth it.

Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Re: Autozone Duralast water pumps - any good experiences?

Holy crap, 12 hours for 2 pumps? Those 3.4's must suck to work on. If I didn't care about coolant spilling everywhere I could have my pump out in 5 minutes. I have a autozone water pump on my car too.. It's been on there a long time. Years.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X