"Running Lean"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Running Lean"

OK, I've been trying to figure out why the car still has lean codes even though the check engine light is on. Haven't checked it recently but when the light was on LTFT read about 15%. Again light is not on but the smog techs monitor scanner still picks up P0171 and 0174...the other thing is that after 3 months the monitors for the EGR and Cat wont go off. The car has already been to my friends at the dealer to check for leaks or anything that would cause the lean condition. They found a little bit of water but nothing to be concerned about, the EGR is new along with the fuel sending unit. The engine has the following mods: Whisper lid, SLP intake, P&P intakes, milled heads, Taylor 10.4mm wires, MSD coils, Iridium plugs and headers. Non of these mods are recent enough to suggest one of the parts caused it. The car runs on 91 Chevron. What am I missing?

Re: "Running Lean"

Have you changed your fuel filter and got your injectors service? I would probably look into those.

Also, you can spray clean your MAF that might help too.

Comment

not sure what the computer actually uses to report a lean condition... it seems obvious that it would be oxygen sensors... however.... 15% ltft's isn't that far out of wack.... i know its capable of compensating atleast a little higher than that. i mean the oxygen sensors are doing their thing and the motor is compensating for probably ethanol in your gas. i know i'm not much help, just brainstorming with ya

Comment

i would look at your 02 sensors
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319 View Post
          i would look at your 02 sensors
          X2 on checking the O2's.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

15% rich or lean is what sets those codes. Try cleaning the MAF and resetting all codes and fuel trims. If that doesn't help try tuning the MAF.
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X