Spark Plug Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Replacement

How often should I be replacing my plugs? I've heard so many different things. People have said every 3 oil changes, my mother said she had the stock plugs till 130k on her camaro. So how often should i be doing it, and what type of plugs would you recommend?

Re: Spark Plug Replacement

im pretty sure the platium plugs that come in our cars are supposed to be good for 90k. i think changing them every 9,000 miles (every 3 oil changes is a bit excessive. everybody is going to have there own opinions on this. i say 30k is good and i'm a fan of ngk on our cars

Comment

What kind of plugs do you have?

The cheaper ones are to be replaced every 30k, but newer cars now come with expensive ones that can go for 100k.

Comment

Originally posted by thebeewantsboost View Post
        im pretty sure the platium plugs that come in our cars i say 30k is good and i'm a fan of ngk on our cars
        Actually factory plugs are iridium. Stick with those, they are expensive or just go with some NGK's like Bee said. Ive been using NGK's for a while now on my car and thye are inexpensive and effective, and my car is boosted and sprayed.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

ngk tr55 plugs are what you want if your car isnt fi/sprayed, or built. Just get some stocker plug wires to and replace those.

if your having misfires, its probably the coil packs or ICM

Comment

NGK's TR55's are nice replacements.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'd also vie for the NGK TR55's. I run them on my car and I don't have any issues with them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X