Fuel Pump Install Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump Install Issue

Hey everyone, I drive an '00 bird and have been having some trouble with fuel pumps going bad. Years back i bought a walbro 255? replacement, which failed half a year later. I then bought an acdelco replacement fuel pump assembly which lasted me another 6 months or so. I now have the racetronix pump but unfortunately it looks like the fuel pump assembly replacement i got doesn't match the stock assembly. This leads me to my question

Can anyone tell me how the venturi feed system is supposed to work? As you can see in the photo below, the small brass fitting that comes off the racetronix pump is missing on the current pump. Additionally there are what appears to be 2 feeds on the bottom of the current pump, one pulls from inside the bucket through its own filter while the other fits into a cup at the bottom of the assembly which draws from the filter on the outside of the assembly. However the racetronix pump only has one feed on the bottom which, if placed in the same fashion as the current, will draw from the inner bucket.

I guess my concern is that i can get everything wired and fit in there but im not sure exactly what the point of the tube that should be on the small brass fitting is for and im trying to see if i can find a workaround. Also note that i do not have the original assembly anymore so i cant pull it out and use that.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Fuel Pump Install Issue

Your best bet is contact Racetronics.
    sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X