Storing a car? What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing a car? What to do?

I'm going to be leaving my car sitting for sometime maybe for a couple of years or so with the possiblity of not being turned on and such with family but they might also be leaving to. I was thinking about grabbing a bottle of stabil and removing the battery but donno. Anyone have any ideas how to do this safely?

Also any ideas on the any simple anti theift steering wheel locks? I have a room mate that has a history of distroying vehicles and would like to prevent him from getting a hold of the car and wrecking it. I figure buy a colum lock and give a copy to my family and keep the other with me.

Please let me know soon cuz time is ticking!

also I don't wanna sell it since I put a lot of money and time into it I would be losing big time, id much rather leave it stored and come get it down the road when I get a place with a garage at my new location.

Re: Storing a car? What to do?

Some helpful insight from a previous post in Sept.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=104349

Sounds like you want this buried 'til you return so I'd trust it with a relative of yours who might have available property to stash it otherwise spend some $$$ in a 10X20 storage place for peace of mind.
    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Empty out the gas tank because gas denatures in time, regardless of Stabli-gas. Disconnect battery and cover it up. Be sure to change the oil after you come back.

Where are you going for such a long time?

Comment

Definitely take the battery out.

X2 on draining the gas out.
        In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
        2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Will do. That means I won't be putting gas in it this coming month and the battery comes out the weekend I leave. Its a shame i'm leaving it behind but there's not much else I can do.:rolleyes:

Comment

Change the oil before you restart it. You would not believe the amount of water condensation that ends up in the pan of these motors.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X