Slow coolant leak + no smell...Intake Gasket Leak? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow coolant leak + no smell...Intake Gasket Leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow coolant leak + no smell...Intake Gasket Leak?

I cant smell coolant anywere but every 2 weeks I have to add coolant to the engine, probably about half a gallon. When car is idling, no visual leaks, no leaks anywere - no smell of coolant, just a slow disappearance of coolant... Intake Gasket failing?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: Slow coolant leak + no smell...Intake Gasket Leak?

More than likely. Look in between the intake manifold and the valve covers. Mine was pooling up there under the injector harness.

No white smoke out of the exhaust?

Comment

Might be the coolant elbow from the lower intake manifold. See if you can see steam coming from the ALT. thats how I found mine before.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        Might be the coolant elbow from the lower intake manifold. See if you can see steam coming from the ALT. thats how I found mine before.
        X2! I have replaced mine twice. Only $3 or $4 at advanced auto parts in help section. Be carefull not to break the new one when reinstalling.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          I think that is the most common mystery leak. That is what was causing the leak in mine.
          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Yep same here. I was under it and saw coolant like wtf. Followed it up and tharr she blows.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X