door key doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door key doesn't work

So I had a key made at the gm dealer for my vin number...key works on ttops and glove box, but not on the doors or trunk. The guy says my lock cylinders must have been swapped out, so how can I go about getting a key that works? A locksmith or something to figure out the key configuration?

Re: door key doesn't work

Bump....

Comment

I take it you didn't have a door key when you got the car? Cuz if you do, a key place can copy it.

Comment

X2 I copied my door key before and it worked well, just at the local key place.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yea, they didn't give me a door key when i bought the car. So i took it to chevy and they used my vin to pull up the key code and make a key for it. Long story short, the door key they made me doesn't work in my cylinders.

Comment

I would take it back until they get it right.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X