fan switch project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan switch project

I did my own little spin in the project for your own manual fan switch and just realized that there was a reply to the how-to saying that you need to put resistors in-line.

Two questions:

1.) The picture says "1/2 to 1 watt 47 ohm resistor inline". Any advantages to choosing a one watt over a half watt?

2.) Why does this work? The electronics side of it. I like to learn. :omg: Is it just because it is a relay? The PCM detects that it is sending out the current to an extra extension? Or how does it detect it?

Thanks!

No one knows?:o

Comment

Re: fan switch project

I just used the SLP fan switch , its plug and play.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah. I figured I'd do it this way. So far it has worked and I am satisfied. Just curious about the resistors though.

Comment

Sorry don't know about the resistors, might try a search and see what comes up.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by mousemonster1232 View Post
            I did my own little spin in the project for your own manual fan switch and just realized that there was a reply to the how-to saying that you need to put resistors in-line.

Two questions:

1.) The picture says "1/2 to 1 watt 47 ohm resistor inline". Any advantages to choosing a one watt over a half watt?

2.) Why does this work? The electronics side of it. I like to learn. :omg: Is it just because it is a relay? The PCM detects that it is sending out the current to an extra extension? Or how does it detect it?

Thanks!

1) Use a 1 watt - http://www.tpub.com/neets/book1/chapter1/1q.htm

2) Clearly states why : http://shbox.com/1/fan_sw_diagram2.jpg The PCM may see the bypass as a "short". The PCM provides the "ground" to activate the fans.

Last edited by FirebirdGT; 11-29-2011, 05:55 PM.
            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Okay very well. Thank you. And sorry.. all I saw is that it said the PCM would detect a problem I was curious as to what that exact problem was, which you answered. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X