Antifreeze corrosive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antifreeze corrosive?

I noticed a lot of paint coming from under the battery tray and coolant overflow. I've been losing half the radiator of coolant in a couple of hours, and wondering there could be something leaking around this area. I've looked for leaks, but not too hard...very busy with school and the like.

Re: Antifreeze corrosive?

Coolant resivor or your radiator cap is bad.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

That's what I'm thinking. It will lose fluid just sitting in the driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
        I noticed a lot of paint coming from under the battery tray and coolant overflow. I've been losing half the radiator of coolant in a couple of hours, and wondering there could be something leaking around this area. I've looked for leaks, but not too hard...very busy with school and the like.
        That battery tray happens to be the coolant reservoir. It is plastic so IDK if you have leaks there. You probably want to check the level from there and also pop open your cap and like Steve said check that too.

Comment

Sorry, I meant paint flaking from the area right under the battery. Just wondering if antifreeze leaking from the area could cause the paint to flake.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X