more problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more problems

Ok my 3.8 is burning oil bad 1 quart per 100 miles. P c v valve is soaked along with all the plugs. What could this be? Intake gasket, p c v valve, any ideas ??

Re: more problems

IMO - PCV might be clogged and bad.

Have you pulled it out and shake it? If it's not making any clicking sound while you're shaking it then replace it.

Also check your TB if it's wet with oil.

Comment

P c v is good it rattles around t b has a little oil/fuel in it p c v also smells of fuel but oil does not

Comment

check where the oil vents from the breather

Comment

Then I'm assuming that there might be something wrong with your rings.. I hope not.

Comment

It was just rebuilt 300 miles ago

Comment

Originally posted by jeep350 View Post
              It was just rebuilt 300 miles ago
              Scratch that then. IDK what I was thinking because if it were rings then you would have poor or low compression and blowbys.

I wonder now if it's head gasket issue?

Comment

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong if you just got it rebuilt and you're going through that much oil. Notice any leaks? Have you called the builder and installer?
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

All the oil is getting blown outta the cylinders is there anyway a slipped intake gasket could suck oil in from lifter valley or maybe even from the head

Comment

It also has coolant laying in the intake valleys

Comment

It also has coolant laying in the intake valleys
                      I agree with Bird of Prey there. You should seriously have the mechanic who did the rebuild look at it again.

Coolant laying in intake valleys, oil going into combustion, wetting your spark plugs, pvc, and some at the TB is something that you can't fix with just regular tools and basic knowledge.

Comment

Well I asked him and he is baffled as to why its doing this he rattled off a last of things it could be rings (New), valve seals/guides (New) . All cylinders compression is good so rings are good and valves are seating what is left ?

Comment

Well I asked him and he is baffled as to why its doing this he rattled off a last of things it could be rings (New), valve seals/guides (New) . All cylinders compression is good so rings are good and valves are seating what is left ?
                          He's just going to have to tear it up again.

Comment

Yup. He apparently missed something.

Comment

Just cause things are new, don't mean they aren't defective. This isn't something any of us is gonna guess over the internet.
                              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X