Bolt ons q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt ons q

I just had a quick question. What is the average order of beginning bolt ons? I had a GTP and decked that out but got bored with it so boughr myself a 00 bird.

What is the first thing y'all do, next? Etc?

Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Re: Bolt ons q

Intake lid 1st and foremost.

Headers, catback, headwork including, valves, springs, rockers, Tune, then you'll either go nitrous or boost. You'll stop at one of those points when you've either crashed it, tired of it, or ran out of cash.

I forgot to mention suspension work but I just added those on as the power required it. And.. the drivetrain..

lol.. but try to find a "whisper lid" somewhere on Ebay.
    Last edited by Blizzard242; 10-31-2011, 02:37 PM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Good luck with the whisper lid, lol.
      got one sitting in the closet, used it for 3 months then changed for FIPK.I

Comment

I have already changed the tstat to a 180*, shaved the lid, and trying to do the silencer delete but it isn't going too well. Also a reprogramming shift kit.
        And my suspension in my opinion is quite well. At this point anyway. When I jacked it up on all fours for shift kit it didn't twist and cornering is pretty tight. Definitely better than the GTP.

Comment

Just tellin ya.. When you start to put some power down if you're still on the stock suspension you won't keep traction.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I definitely know that. Who knows when that'll be though. Ha. I can't even squeel the tires at this point.

Comment

lol do what i did and just swap in the GTP motor in my firebird. lol i spin 1st and 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
                Good luck with the whisper lid, lol.
                got one sitting in the closet, used it for 3 months then changed for FIPK.I
                Why is that? Why would you go to an air heater like the FIPK?
                <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Blizzard has it down pretty well for engine work - intake, exhaust, tune, headwork, tune, power adder, tune. An aluminum drive shaft if you don't have one frees up some rwhp. I don't have one but from my reading its a decent bang for the buck upgrade at $100 or so for a used one and an easy DIY as long as yours isn't rusted to heck. Posi would be my first traction upgrade if you're without that other than replacing worn suspension compenents (the stock shocks suck when worn out).

Edit: Other modifications that reduce parasitic losses include electric water pump, a/c delete, power steering delete, and weight reduction also help to free up HP.
                  Last edited by MegaHertz; 10-31-2011, 08:13 PM.
                  96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Honestly, with how old these cars are getting, suspension. Bilsteins. You're pretty much wasting money with anything less. Bring the log! Go to the 2:00 mark on the vid.

http://youtu.be/fxTIkgC4-xs
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Very well. Is there a way to do a homemade intake while keeping stock shaved lid? I bought some plumbing materials and have the PVC going from TB to the lid but it isn't straight to it. I need to find a different way.

Comment

that's why the whisper lid is nice haha. doesnt have the oval and the slant.. its lined up with the throttle body... it's also smother and has more clearance for better flow.

but you should be able to hose clamp the pvc pipe to the the lid. i forget how i did mine unfortunately.. there should be a write up some where
                        Last edited by ACiFiC; 10-31-2011, 11:00 PM.
                        Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                        1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                        1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                        2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Bird, I wrecked the car and bought an SS fiberglass hood. I was going to eventually, plans just moved up a few years. The SS hood has ducting that interfered with the whisper.

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
                            got one sitting in the closet
                            Can I haz!?
                            3M MAFIA
                            ________
                            | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                            Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah I hooked up a 3" rubber plumbing thing to oval and 3"PVC and then another of the 3" rubber plumbing thing to TB but sadly I couldn't get them lined up and ran out of time it is stock again:(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X