misfire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misfire question

so my car was misfiring in cylinder 6. Swapped plugs out nothing, so i took out the wire going to it and saw it was burned through exposing and making contact with my headers. So i changed the wires out and zip tied the #6 one it so it would make contact. Started her up and drove it a bit and ran fine again. Went to start it a little later and it had the misfire again in the same cylinder. I know i should have changed the plug out but thought it was fine because it ran fine in the beginning. i guess my question is if the problem is most likely the wire again or the plug thats most likely fouled. i guess its a stupid question to ask but im confused because it was fine at the beginning then the problem came back

Originally posted by firebird19_99 View Post
    so my car was misfiring in cylinder 6. Swapped plugs out nothing, so i took out the wire going to it and saw it was burned through exposing and making contact with my headers. So i changed the wires out and zip tied the #6 one it so it would make contact. Started her up and drove it a bit and ran fine again. Went to start it a little later and it had the misfire again in the same cylinder. I know i should have changed the plug out but thought it was fine because it ran fine in the beginning. i guess my question is if the problem is most likely the wire again or the plug thats most likely fouled. i guess its a stupid question to ask but im confused because it was fine at the beginning then the problem came back
    In my opinion this is kind of confusing. You say you replaced the spark plugs first, it did not fix the issue so you looked are the plug wires. This makes sense. You replaced the faulty burnt out wire and zip tied it so it would not get burnt by the header, yes? And the contact you speak of is from the pack to the plug id imagine.

And it was fixed until later. But then you say that you should have cchanged the plug out but didn't think you needed to... so did you take out the new one and put back in the old one or what?

What I would do is replace the plug if you haven't already and also the wire if it is not. And then if that doesn't fix it, check the ignition coils.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      3 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X