Ran fine now it won't start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran fine now it won't start.

Hi every my name is Adam and I'm new to the board. Before I begin here is some info on my car. It's a 97 Camaro V6 Auto with T-Tops and it's Dark Green Metallic. Had the car since I was 16 4 years ago and it's been great to me since I bought it.

Anyway my problem is I've recently been doing a major tune up/a few mods to it(rear end swap) and it ran fine a week ago. I haven't started it up in a week and today I tried to start it but when I hooked the battery up and turned the ignition to on I heard a clicking noise instead of the normal fuel pump noise followed by it turning over but not starting at all. Also I've noticed that the fuel gauge is showing I have way over a full tank of fuel when really I only I have less than a quarter tank. A few things I should let you know are that I do disconnect the battery each time I leave it alone as I cannot shut the trunk right now. The car has been sitting in the garage since january with no new fuel added and I recently replaced the battery with a new one. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Also now the car is flooded with it not starting, anything I can do to fix that problem before it gets too bad?
    Last edited by AShkolny; 09-30-2011, 10:32 PM.

Re: Ran fine now it won't start.

Fuel pump or sending unit, maybe power to those. Maybe swapping the rear you tweaked a wire or ground for the FP.

Comment

Check for spark at the coils and plugs, then check for fuel gauge at the fuel rail should do it. Might want to check to see if any codes are pending , OBD2 reader for $40.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by AShkolny View Post
        Anyway my problem is I've recently been doing a major tune up/a few mods to it(rear end swap) and it ran fine a week ago. I haven't started it up in a week and today I tried to start it but when I hooked the battery up and turned the ignition to on I heard a clicking noise instead of the normal fuel pump noise followed by it turning over but not starting at all. Also I've noticed that the fuel gauge is showing I have way over a full tank of fuel when really I only I have less than a quarter tank. A few things I should let you know are that I do disconnect the battery each time I leave it alone as I cannot shut the trunk right now. The car has been sitting in the garage since january with no new fuel added and I recently replaced the battery with a new one. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Also now the car is flooded with it not starting, anything I can do to fix that problem before it gets too bad?
        That clicking noise usually means not enough cranking power from the battery and also why you don't hear your fuel pump. I have a feeling your battery is discharged. I know you said that you already replaced it, but sometimes they can sell you a bad one. My advice, take the batter out and take it to autozone and have them look at it. If it's discharged have them charge it. If the batter is not the problem then follow what the others have said.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X