do our cars have coolant over flows ? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do our cars have coolant over flows ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do our cars have coolant over flows ?

I was just wondering if this f bodies have coolant over flows mine does not and if there is a way we can fit one in

Re: do our cars have coolant over flows ?

yes there suppose to overflow out of the cap of the reservoir tank. and the tank is under the battery on the passenger side on the engine bay. there should be a hose from the radiator to the reservoir right next to the radiator cap.

Comment

Underneath my battery box is just a metal hose that lets the water run right out when it over flows

Comment

The car was wrecked on that side all plastic is missing underneath on that side pics when its daylight

Comment

Its part of the battery tray and comes out as one piece.

Comment

So the reservoir is the battery box and it there a place to add coolant other then radiator and its raining here today so no pics yet

Comment

Originally posted by jeep350 View Post
              So the reservoir is the battery box and it there a place to add coolant other then radiator and its raining here today so no pics yet
              Yes, if you look you'll see a funnel sticking out next to your battery. If you unscrew the cap you'll see that it has a measuring dip stick attach to the cap.

That's standard for all 4gen.

Comment

It looks like whoever repaired your car after the accident, did a terrible job, or didn't want to pay to get a new one. But yes, there should be one under the battery.

Comment

Dont have any of it I got the car for eight hundred with blown motor but like I said I will post pictures when it quits raining

Comment

looks like this. it goes under the battery, there a hose that goes onto it from the radiator. u can just pull it out of whats left of the old tank and install it to a another tank. or just go to the junk yard and pull it off any fbody 93-02 any engine. there all the same.

Comment

Alright, so question, How would I go about getting the bolt in the back, out? Because I was working with wiring, and pulled it out, but one of the bolts sheared off. Tried an extractor, broke that too. Any ideas?

Comment

My car battery tray part yes but the rest of that is not there at all lol so maybe ill fabricate one this week

Comment

I have an extra one. Let me know if you need it.

Comment

I shall see how hard it is to make one then get back to ya

Comment

Originally posted by jeep350 View Post
                              My car battery tray part yes but the rest of that is not there at all lol so maybe ill fabricate one this week
                              Fabricate? They're like $35 from rock auto shipped.
                              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X