First modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First modifications

What are modifications that could be done at a lower price and also gets some HP out of it?

Re: First modifications

What type and year is your car. You can do some free mods like cut outs and taking out the silincer.

Comment

its a 2000. standard
      Last edited by hockeyman95; 09-11-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Look up the how to's on here. Free ram air, and some free flowing exhaust made a HUGE difference. Throttle response was the biggest change.

Comment

okk ill look at some of that thanks.

Comment

Intake & exhaust should probably be your first mods. whats your budget?
            Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
            1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
            1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
            2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

when I had a stick shift car, my best mod was an aftermarket shifter, you're looking at 150-200 bucks though.

I had a Pro 5.0 and loved it, tight, precise shifting, never missed a gear, I liked the angled position it had as well.

I think an aftermarket shifter, free mods, intake and exhaust work, should be pretty good for your first steps.
              1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
              1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
              1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
              2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Ill help you out with links, just remember the search button next time :p lol.
                Eliminate the air silencer, aka PVC intake mod.
                http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=69635

Free ram air mod.
                http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...am_air_mod.htm

Shave the fins off the stock air lid, If you take pliers they will break off, then just sand it smooth.

Of course exhaust, and as Koa said, a short throw shifter. It is one of my favorite mods Ive done on my 2000. I have a B&M Ripper.
                3M MAFIA
                ________
                | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                sigpic

Comment

dont really reccomend free ram air. Gonna make 0 difference on the dyno, and with a v6 probably 0 at the track. All your gonna do is have to clean your air filter more.

Remove silencer and baffle from th eintake. So its just lid to throttle body. If you can, use a dremel tool and shave off all the fins inside the lid.

What gears do you have? limited slip diff?
                  Last edited by whitdog54; 09-12-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I still don't have a shifter... are they worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                      I still don't have a shifter... are they worth it?
                      I think they are, shorter, quicker, smoother shifts is a plus I think.
                      3M MAFIA
                      ________
                      sigpic

Comment

A shifter is a must for a M5. I had a B&M Ripper which was nigh & day difference.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          A shifter is a must for a M5. I had a B&M Ripper which was nigh & day difference.
                          I agree, I love my Ripper, made it like driving a different car.
                          3M MAFIA
                          ________
                          sigpic

Comment

A bit dated, but the Modifications Encyclopedia gives a good idea on what mods to start out with. The Search function should also be a good supplement for ideas on which mods to go with.

To spoon feed you, intake and exhaust are good mods to start out with.
                            '99 Camaro
                            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Worth some extra power:

Seafoam your motor and then perform an ignition spark plug, wires, coil swap and synthetic oil change. Flush your coolant and try a thermostat below the stock 195 degree temp. Simple tuneup to eliminate the obvious.

I would do these first as a baseline start before going into the mods to take full advantage of any extra power you want to wring out of your V6.

http://forum.camarov6.com/search.php?searchid=896976

^^^ Seafoam search links to help you understand why you need to rid of the internal gunk and deposits that may rob you of power you're looking for.

What does your odometer read?
                              Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X