Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil pack bolts

I broke 3 of mine, so 2 questions.

A) whats the easiest way of getting the other half out of the bracket? Just drill it?

Can I use a nut/bolt combo to re-secure it?

B) does anyone know the size of these bolts?

I've driven like this for awhile now, one bolt holding down each pack, but since I changed swapped in some new ones last week I've been getting intermittent misfires as of today...when I check the rear coil pack it's sloppy, so I'm guessing thats the issue...its just pulling itself up with vibration and intermittently firing.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: coil pack bolts

Can you get a new bracket all together? Might be an easy solution if you could find one on the cheap side, bolts included
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

not before my road trip tommorrow lol...

Comment

are the coils grounded by the bolts? or just those prongs on the ICM?

Comment

thats a good question. i dont think they are grounded by those bolts but I could be wrong. Maybe just some zip ties for your trip? lol
          Dave:
          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319 View Post
            thats a good question. i dont think they are grounded by those bolts but I could be wrong. Maybe just some zip ties for your trip? lol

problem is I'm not sure if the hole goes right through the bracket right now. If it does, Im thinking of just getting a nut/bolt and attaching the coils that way.

and if it's not, Im thinking of just drilling right through the bracket...I think it should be ok, I can't forsee an issue, Im just asking just to be sure though. I mean you would think its just a regular bracket right? ....and even if I did drill all the way through the holes if I use a nut/bolt and the packs were grounded through the bolts...technically they should still be grounded no?

Comment

Yes they are grounded, I noticed mine were off when my stereo noise got bad. Now they are wedge in there tight so they have a ground to them, its alot better.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I wonder if this was causing my dip in volts everytime I come to a stop...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                  I wonder if this was causing my dip in volts everytime I come to a stop...
                  Thats the big cam your running.LOL Whats your idle set at? I have mine at 900 RPMS.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    Thats the big cam your running.LOL Whats your idle set at? I have mine at 900 RPMS.
                    you know oddly enough my cam doesnt set the P0300 code which I still have enabled...

I have my warm idle set to 860, and extreme cold idles set to 1200rpm

Comment

Thats good then, I would of thought it lobed like crazy.LOL

Comment

oh it does...about twice that of the ARH cam...the hood shakes lol...I actually have to loctite all my bolts because it shakes everything loose...Ive lost both coil pack bracket bolts before, tranny dipstick bolt 3 times before I put blue on it, my powersteering pump bolt lol...its brutal...

Comment

got a junkyard around? Just grab another ICM and everything off a grand pri or bonne or something.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X